Prep. Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 4 tbsp groundnut (peanut) oil
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 350 g pork, diced
- 100 g bamboo shoots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 50 g peas
- 4 water chestnuts, diced
- 100 g mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil and fry the almonds until lightly browned.
- Pour off most of the oil, add the pork and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bamboo shoots, celery, peas, water chestnuts and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, soy sauce, salt and pepper, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.