Prep. Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
- 350 g asparagus
- 450 g lean lamb
- 3 tbsp groundnut (peanut) oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 ml stock
- 1 tomato, skinned and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the asparagus into diagonal chunks and place in a bowl.
- Pour over boiling water and leave to stand for 2 minutes then drain.
- Slice the lamb thinly against the grain.
- Heat the oil and stir-fry the lamb until lightly coloured.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, stock and tomato, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour, water and soy sauce to a paste, stir it into the pan and simmer, stirring, until the sauce clears and thickens