Prep. Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25-30 min
- 1 large bass or similar fish
- 3 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) 45
- 3 tbsp groundnut (peanut) oil
- 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g ham, cut into strips
- 100 g peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Coat the fish with cornflour.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the fish and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the fish to a sheet of foil in a roasting tin and top with ham and prawns.
- Add the soy sauce, wine or sherry, sugar and salt to the pan and stir together well.
- Pour over the fish, close the foil over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 150 ºC/ 300 ºF for 20 minutes.