Prep. Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- groundnut (peanut) oil for frying
- Boil the water then gradually add the flour.
- Knead lightly until the dough is soft, cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface and shape into a long cylinder.
- Cut into 2.5 cm in thick and brush the tops with oil. Stack in pairs with the oiled surfaces touching and dust the outsides lightly with flour.
- Roll out the pairs to about 10 cm in across and cook in pairs for about 1 minute on each side until lightly browned. Separate and stack until ready to serve.